Tips for sleeping better
Try these tips for sleeping better, whether you have diabetes or not. Get a better night's sleep using a few simple methods outlined in this infographic.
Want more content like this?
Sign up for the Accu-Chek Update email newsletter.
Helpful tips for getting a good night's sleep
A good night's sleep has many benefits for people with diabetes. You'll be more alert, have more energy, have less stress and you may find it easier to control your blood sugar.
- Relax before bedtime
- Go to bed at the same time every day
- No heavy meals, alcohol or caffeine right before bedtime
- Limit all fluids 1 hour before bedtime
- Make your room comfortable
- Try relaxation techniques, reading or music
- Remove distractions, especially tablets and smartphones that can interrupt sleep