Choosing the right Comfort Dial setting:
The most comfortable setting of your Accu-Chek SoftClix lancing device will depend on a few things:
- Whether you're using a fingertip or alternate site.
- Your skin type – softer, thinner skin requires a shallower setting than thicker skin.
- The required blood sample – the more blood you require, the higher the setting you'll need.
Start with a low setting, such as penetration depth 2, when using the device for the first time. Dial to a higher setting until the blood volume is right.
Keep in mind, it’s best to always talk with your healthcare professional before deciding if alternate site testing is right for you.
Using your Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device:
- First, you will need an Accu-Chek Softclix lancet and device.
- Remove the cap from the lancing device.
- Insert the lancet into the lancet holder at the bottom of the device – push it all the way in until it clicks in place.
- Twist and remove the protective cap from the lancet to expose the needle.
- Place the cap back onto the lancing device, ensuring that the notch of the cap aligns with the mark on the device.
- Set the penetration depth to match your skin type, by turning the dial on the cap.
- To use the lancing device, prime it by pressing the plunger all the way down. The release button on the side of the device should turn yellow, indicating that it is ready to use.
- Place the device up against your finger firmly, and press the release button to release the lancet.
- Be sure to replace the lancet every time you use your device, as they are not reusable and become unsterile after one use.
- To remove the used lancet, take off the cap from the lancing device and slide down the ejector over a sharps disposal bin. Then replace the cap.
This video gives visual instructions on how to set up, load and use the Accu-Chek SoftClix lancing device.
Accu-Chek Softclix Lancing Device - Designed to Reduce Pain