Choosing the right Comfort Dial setting:
The most comfortable setting of your Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device will depend on a few things:
- Whether you're using a fingertip or alternate site.
- Your skin type – softer, thinner skin requires a shallower setting than thicker skin.
- The required blood sample – the more blood you require, the higher the setting you'll need.
Start with a low setting, such as penetration depth 2, when using the device for the first time. Dial to a higher setting until the blood volume is right.
Keep in mind, it’s best to always talk with your healthcare professional before deciding if alternate site testing is right for you.
Using your Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device:
- First, you will need an Accu-Chek FastClix lancet drum and device. Each drum contains 6 pre-set lancets.
- Remove the cap from the lancing device.
- Insert the drum, white end first, ensuring to push it all the way in.
- Do not remove the drum until you’ve used all 6 lancets, as you cannot put it back in once you remove it.
- Now place the cap back on your lancing device.
- Set the penetration depth by turning the dial to match your individual skin type.
- To use the device, simply place the device up against your finger and press the button on top all the way down.
- After each test, refresh to a new lancet by pushing the white lever back and forth once.
- The number in the display tells you how many lancets you have left to use before you need to replace the drum.
This video gives visual instructions on how to set up, load and use the Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device.
How to use the Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device