Thai lemongrass and basil chicken recipe
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 3 cups Chinese Long Beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces; or Young Green Beans trimmed and cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 2 tsp Peanut Oil
- 1 1/3 cup Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, all fat removed, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 Medium Onion, thinly sliced, rings separated
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed, 4-inches of each stalk finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 packet Artificial Sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 cup Fat-free, No-salt-added Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Spicy Oyster Sauce
- 2 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- 1/4 cup Thai Basil Leaves, or substitute Opal or Baby Green Basil
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Blanch beans in boiling water. Drain and place in ice water to stop cooking. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a heavy non-stick skillet or wok until very hot. Add chicken, onion and garlic. Stir-fry for 4 minutes until chicken begins to cook through.
- Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, artificial sweetener, coriander, and turmeric. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the beans, broth, and oyster sauce. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
- Season with pepper.
To serve, mold 1/2 cup rice using small ramekins and invert rice on plate. Place the chicken mixture around rice. Garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Nutritional values per serving:
Calories: 253 kcal
Protein: 37 g
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 5 g
Cholesterol: 82 mg
Sodium: 148 mg
Interested in more food tips?
Explore recipes and more on Accu-Chek.com