Refresh. Revive. Revitalize.
Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge
As days shorten and stores fill with Halloween treats, it's easy to reach for candy when you need a pick-me-up. Instead, try these sugar-free ways to revitalize.
- Walk around the block. It sounds like exactly what you don't want to do when your energy is flagging. But a brisk, 10-minute walk can be like hitting the reset button.
- Drink a glass of water. Sometimes dehydration can feel like fatigue. There's no potential down side, so drink up. It may be just what your body is craving.
- Flip on a light. Open the blinds or turn on your desk lamp. Not only does your body need sunlight, dim light can dim your energy, too.
- Laugh. Find something silly on YouTube. A laugh can give your brain the positive jolt it needs.
- Grab a cup. Sometimes, you just need a little caffeine. And, if you can walk around the block to a coffee shop, double boost!