It’s important to keep the lancing device clean and disinfected, as it may come into contact with blood during normal testing.
To clean and disinfect without damaging the lancing device, follow these instructions carefully:
- Remove the lancet drum before cleaning and disinfecting.
- Clean and disinfect the lancing device once a week, or when it has visible signs of dirt or other material.
- Clean and disinfect the lancing device before allowing anyone else to handle it, for instance if you have someone assisting you. Do not allow anyone else to use your lancing device to obtain their blood sample.
- Use Super Sani-Cloth® (available at Amazon., Office Depot, Walmart and other retailers) to clean the lancing device. Do not use any other cleaning or disinfecting solutions, as it could result in damage to the lancing device.
- You might notice a slight discoloration of the lancing device after multiple cleanings. This does not affect its functionality.
You can clean and disinfect the entire lancing device surface and cap by following these instructions:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Wipe the entire lancing device surface with a Super Sani-Cloth®. Make sure that no liquid enters any opening, as it could damage the device.
- Remove and wipe the inside of the cap.
- Dry the lancing device and cap with a soft cloth or gauze. Make sure that no solution is seen in any opening.
- Repeat these steps with a new Super Sani-Cloth® to fully disinfect the lancing device.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water