Choosing the right blood glucose meter
There are many blood sugar meters to choose from, so start by thinking about what's most important to you. Ask yourself a few questions.
- Are you concerned about accuracy? Make sure you're using a meter and test strips that provide accurate results. Roche quality control processes ensure consistent accuracy. Find out more about our accuracy commitment.
- Do you use blood glucose results to dose insulin? The Accu-Chek Guide meter sends results directly to a smartphone app that includes an insulin calculator.1
- Do you feel like you're always short on time? A system that syncs your data wirelessly, without manually entering results, can save time with every test. You may also want to consider a blood glucose meter that gives results quickly, makes it easier to handle test strips, doesn't require coding, or simplifies lancing or dosing.
- Would you like to reduce the pain of testing? Choose a system with a lancing device specifically designed for comfort, such as the Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device. Precision-guided technology minimizes the lancet's painful side to side motion and thin-gauge, bevel-cut lancets help ensure smoother entry. Plus, 11 customizable depth settings make it easier to get the right amount of blood the first time.
- Will you track results in the blood sugar meter, with an app or on a computer? Most blood sugar monitors have built-in memories, and many can beam or transfer data directly to your smartphone or computer. The Accu-Chek product family includes a few of these options, including the mySugr, Accu-Chek Connect, and Glooko™ apps.
Think about what will make testing easier for you, then look for a system that fits your needs.
Diabetes is complex and expensive. Testing your blood sugar doesn't have to be.
Get a free Accu-Chek® Guide blood glucose meter.2
1The Bolus Advisor feature requires setup and activation by a healthcare professional.
2Accu-Chek Guide meter prescription required to receive one free meter every 24 months. By using this program you certify that you will not seek reimbursement from any government healthcare program or private insurance for these offers, and understand and agree to comply with all program terms and conditions. Program may be changed or discontinued at any time. Only valid in the U.S. at participating pharmacies.