This is the most satisfying oatmeal you’ll ever have!
Although it may sound weird, the egg is the secret ingredient in this recipe. Adding an egg to your oats will pack it with protein and create a creamy consistency. If strawberries aren’t your jam, try adding bananas or another fruit of your choice!
This recipe is portioned out for a single serving — but can easily be tripled for a quick, easy breakfast throughout the week.
Ingredients (1 serving)
¼ cup steel cut oats
¾ cup water
½ cup blueberries
½ cup strawberries
1 tbsp almond butter
¼ tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
How to make it
1. Add water and oats to a pan and boil until the oats reach a thick consistency (about 5 minutes).
2. While oats are cooking, cut apple and strawberries into bite-sized pieces.
3. After oats have absorbed most of the water, crack egg into pan, add pinch of salt and stir constantly.
4. Once egg is fully incorporated, pour cooked oatmeal into a bowl.
5. Add apple, strawberries and blueberries. Top with almond butter and cinnamon to your preference.
Nutritional value per serving
Protein 13 g
Fat 15 g
Carbohydrates 41 g
Fiber 8 g
Sodium 226 g