Dig into diabetes superfoods
Get extra healthy value from every meal. Try adding the diabetes superfoods outlined in this infographic to your plate.
Interested in more food tips?
Explore recipes and more on Accu-Chek.com
These foods are extra healthy for people with diabetes, because they have near-zero net carbs and help stabilize your blood sugar.
- Beans are packed with fiber, magnesium and potassium
- Tomatoes are an amazing, low-carb source of vitamins C and E and iron
- Dark, green vegetables deliver a powerful dose of fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals
- Salmon reduces triglcerides, blood pressure and inflammation
- Citrus fruits contain generous amounts of vitamin C and fiber
- Whole grains have folate, omega-3s, magnesium, chromium, fiber and potassium (white bread doesn’t)
- Sweet potatoes contain more healthy fiber, antioxidants and vitamin A than white potatoes
- Raw nuts are full of healthy fats and fiber
- Berries are packed with antioxidants, fiber and vitamins
- Fat-free dairy delivers vitamin D. Yogurt’s probiotic bacteria helps keep intestines healthy and boosts immunity.
American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Superfoods. Available at: http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/diabetes-superfoods.html. Accessed June 30, 2015.