You know you’ll see plenty of tempting treats, and you can’t always control what might be served. The best thing you can do is to have a plan for making good choices.
● Eat as close to normal times as you can to keep blood sugar levels steady. If meals will be served later than you normally eat, have a snack at the usual time and go with smaller portions at dinner.
● Don’t try skipping meals to save up carbs and calories for the day. It’s hard to manage blood sugar when you skip meals. It’s also easier to overeat when you’re extra hungry.
● If you get invited to a party, offer to bring a healthy dish you know you can enjoy.
● Skip foods that you can eat anytime and choose to indulge in items that are special and seasonal.
● Don’t forget to plan time to check blood sugar levels and take your medicines. Missing a dose will make it harder to stay in range.