US adults have a 40% chance of developing type 2 diabetes2
Addressing the challenges
For many, paying for diabetes supplies is a constant source of worry. No matter your situation, if you have insurance or not, we've got you covered.
Remote solutions, such as mySugr, give people with diabetes access to virtual care and coaching from home, at work, wherever they are.
We are partnering with national and local organizations to help empower everyone with diabetes so they have an equal chance to live active, healthy lives:
- The first-ever
- Provision of free diabetes management supplies and solutions to
Improving access to care so that all people with diabetes can afford and receive the support they need to control their disease has been a longstanding commitment at Roche Diabetes Care. Access is only meaningful if it’s equitable.
Roche Diabetes Care
What we're doing
Improving access to care so that all people with diabetes can afford and receive the support they need to control their disease has been a longstanding commitment of Roche Diabetes Care. We focus our expertise, capabilities and resources in areas where we can make the most difference.
Among the ways Roche Diabetes Care is working to increase access:
- Savings initiatives are available through the pharmacy, online retailers like Amazon, as well as home-delivery subscription services. For many, paying for diabetes supplies is a constant source of worry. No matter your situation, if you have insurance or not, we've got you covered.
- Easy, 24/7 access to coaching from trained experts. The diabetes coaching program available through our mySugr app is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE DEAP).
- Free, unlimited access to the mySugr PRO app—first made available during 2020 and the COVID-19 lockdowns, and now when paired with selected Accu-Chek meters.10
- Partnerships with ADA, JDRF and others to increase access to care and reduce health disparities through national programs.
- Type 2 diabetes is increasing at an alarming rate across the country and the world. To help those newly diagnosed, we partnered with Beyond Type 2 to create an educational pamphlet called “New to Type 2 Diabetes” in English and Spanish.
At Roche Diabetes Care, supporting the diabetes community and advocacy efforts is a top priority. We donate annually to educational and research programs throughout the country.
If you have a charitable request, visit www.accu-chek.com/charity for additional information.
- Schneider EC, et al., Mirror, mirror 2017: international comparison reflects flaws and opportunities for better US health care. Commonwealth Fund; July 2017. https://interactives.commonwealthfund.org/2017/july/mirror-mirror/
- U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health. https://minorityhealth.hhs.gov
- Haw JS, et. al. Diabetes Complications in Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations in the USA Curr Diab Rep. 2021 Jan 9; 21(1). https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33420878/
- Berkowitz S et al, Food Insecurity and Metabolic Control Among U.S. Adults With Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2013 Oct; 36(10): 3093-3099. https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/36/10/3093
- Gucciardi E, et. al. The Intersection between Food Insecurity and Diabetes: A Review Curr Nutr Rep. 2014; 3(4): 324–332. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4218969/
- JDRF Health Equities: https://1x5o5mujiug388ttap1p8s17-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Health-Equity-T1D.pdf?_ga=2.179403300.16735279.1621267313-754416442.1613589009
- Move for Hunger https://moveforhunger.org/one-in-4-native-americans-is-food-insecure
- Accu-Chek users must register at least one blood sugar test per 30 days with their connected meter in order to retain free status in the mySugr PRO app. Void where prohibited by law.