How to use the Accu-Chek LinkAssist insertion device
Please wash your hands before use.
- Choose a site away from your waistline, bones, scar tissue, belly button and recent infusion sites. Prepare the site according to the instructions from your health care professional. Allow the infusion site to dry before the cannula is inserted.
- Push the grey tensioning element of the insertion device into the blue base. The insertion device is now pretensioned. This step locks the safety catch in place and automatically makes the insertion device secure.
- Hold the infusion set by its protective cover and, with the blue holder cap pointing upward, insert the infusion set into the opening of the insertion device below. You will feel it lock into place.
- Carefully remove the transparent protective cover from the infusion set by turning and pulling at the same time. Remove both pieces of the backing from the self-adhesive.
- Hold the base of the insertion device firmly in one hand and with the other hand pull the tensioning element out and up as far as it will go. Holding the tensioning element, position the insertion device on the prepared infusion site. Slide the safety catch out of the lock position.
- Press the release button.
- Smooth out the self-adhesive and run your fingers over it. This ensures good skin contact.
- Holding the self-adhesive in place, gently press the side clips of the blue holder cap and pull it from the cannula housing.
- To remove the introducer needle, hold the cannula housing firmly to your body. Using its handle, withdraw the introducer needle straight away from the skin.
- Connect the primed transfer set to the newly inserted head set. Make sure you hear a click when connecting.
- Fill the empty space of the cannula housing with a bolus of 1.0 units of insulin U-100. Start distribution with the pump.
Find out how to safely dispose of used lancets and other sharp diabetes supplies. Learn more.
URGENT MEDICAL DEVICE CORRECTION:
Important information on Accu-Chek® Guide blood glucose meters with serial numbers below 92311000001 potentially giving E-9 errors, unexpected low battery icons, having short battery life, or not powering on.