Possible causes include:
- The meter automatically turns off after 90 seconds of inactivity.
- After completion of a test, the meter automatically turns off 15 seconds after strip removal.
- The battery compartment or battery door is faulty or damaged.
- The meter has been stored in extremely cold conditions (below 30°F / - 1°C). Move to an area where the temperature is within the system's operating temperature range. Wait at least 15 minutes for the meter to equilibrate.
- The meter is connected to a computer via the USB cable and a compatible software application is not installed on the computer.
- The meter is connected to a computer via the USB cable and a compatible software application has turned off the meter.